If you have a WordPress website, it is your businesses’ window to the world. Thus, it is paramount that you keep it in a spick and span shape at all times.
There are various aspects, including content, images, videos, pricing, outlook, etc., that might require changes with the evolution of your business, and launching and managing a business in itself is a very tedious task involving a lot of human time, effort and not to mention, money. To help you maintain the perfect work balance, we have enlisted the top 10 mobile apps that will help you manage and keep your website updated even when you are on the go.
10 best apps to help manage a WordPress site
WordPress in itself is a holistic platform to efficiently and easily create and publish websites, anytime and from anywhere. Available on both the Google Store as well as the iOS store, the app allows its users to create and post blogs for the updation of content, check the website’s real-time performance, track effectiveness of posts and publish updates, new announcements, notifications, exploring latest technology trends related to web, etc., to ensure that the various parameters of the website are always taken care of. Its built-in Quick Start tips guide users to set up their basic website initially and then provide various app options to let it grow with functionalities and utilities. Its major features include:
- Easy creation of websites, blogs, etc., with the right look and feel
- The iOS and Android theme launcher app includes a wide selection of WordPress themes to choose from
- Track which posts and pages get the most traffic over time by exploring insights and using the traffic maps to see which countries your visitors come from.
- Clear and concise notifications about comments, likes, and new followers can be easily replied to.
- Create updates, stories, photo essay announcements with the WordPress editor. Photos and video from cameras and albums or images from the in-app collection of free-to-use pro photography can help light them up.
- New posts can be scheduled beforehand for efficiency
- Google Analytics
As Google today forms the hub for more than 90 percent of all searches globally, the insights that the platform provides are invaluable for the growth of all websites. The Google Analytics mobile app, available on both the Play Store as well as the iOS platforms, lets the users monitor their websites and its various analytics properties to help entrepreneurs keep track of their business, even while on the go. Key features of the app include:
- Google Analytics helps businesses understand their users better
- The app users can easily check and monitor the performance of their marketing, content, products, and more in real-time
- The user can even build their customized reports with any combination of metrics and dimensions that they think are important
- The app is automatically synchronized to work with Google’s advertising and publisher products to help deliver business results
- Woo Commerce
WooCommerce is the world’s most customizable open-source eCommerce platform that helps its users to effectively blend content and commerce to create online websites that are an asset to any brick and mortar business out there. The app is available on both the Google Play store as well as the iOS platform. Its list of uniques features include:
- The app allows the users to create, group, and publish online products directly and instantly
- Real-time alerts for published articles, blogs, sales, etc
- The users can easily create and scroll through product summaries or search by customer or order specifics.
- Businesses can effectively track their stats including their overall revenue, order count, and visitor data.
- For businesses with multiple stores, the app allows seamless synchronization between the stores
As stated earlier, there are various aspects of website maintenance that require regular updates, posts, etc. Simplenote is an easy way to create and keep track of these to-do lists. The app is pretty simple to use, and as your collection of ideas and options grow, it will help you stay organized with the appropriate tags and pins, for instant search at a later stage. It effectively helps reduce the effort and time spent in the reorganization of thoughts and research. Simplenote’s features include:
- A simple, and easy-to-use note-taking experience
- Easily syncs across all devices
- The users can collaborate on projects, and effectively share notes
- Stay organized with tags
There is hardly any value of a digital asset, including a WordPress website, until and unless it is marketed well. Buffer is a simple app that lets its users schedule posts and track the performance of their content through various postings on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. With a single-point login, businesses can handle multiple social accounts. Any link, text, picture, or video can be customized as to when and where it’ll be posted. Available on PlayStore, as-well-as-the iOS store, it helps users save time and effort. Buffer’s features include:
- Share to multiple social media accounts from one place
- Easy-to-read analytics for every update
- Schedule posts automatically as per the requisite time and date
- Sharing option for all prominent apps
- Facebook Ads Manager App
As per the world reports, Facebook is still the most popular social media platform for businesses worldwide. Facebook Ads Manager app will help you manage its features and functionalities in the best possible manner. The app is the easiest way to stay connected with campaigns, from anywhere, anytime. The users may create, edit and get insights from ads across the entire Facebook family of apps, including Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, and more. Its features include:
- Detailed real-time insights for all campaigns
- Quick alerts and notifications for ads
- The user can compare campaigns and ad sets using a side-by-side view
- The app allows its users to easily switch between pages and ad accounts
IFTTT is a brand integration platform for businesses the world over, that helps them connect in mutually benefiting connections. With over 630 apps, including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch, Dropbox, Slack, and devices like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, iRobot, etc., to its credit, the app helps businesses grow the organic way. Its feature list includes:
- Options to control voice, with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Regular updates from the New York Times and ProPublica
- Custom daily forecast notifications
- Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts
- Streamline your social media
- Google Drive
There are a lot of documents required for the creation and updating of WordPress apps. Google Drive is the perfect solution to get them organized most efficiently. It is safe and helps the user to access all the files across several devices. Other parties can also be invited to collaborate on projects, and view, edit or leave comments. Its features include:
- Store and access files
- Easy and customizable search
- Option to set accessibility permissions for files and folders
- View your content offline and when on the go
- Timely notifications about important activities
- The device’s camera can be used to scan paper documents as well
- Google Ads
As Google is the primary source of online sales, insights and related campaigns are one of the most critical aspects of an online business entity. The Google Ads app helps WordPress website admins to stay connected to their campaigns at all times. They can easily track the effectiveness of campaigns in real-time and analyze and work on high-impact recommendations to optimize the performance of the campaign. The app helps in taking quick and timely actions. Its features include:
- View and monitor ad performance and campaign stats for Google searches
- Easily make quick updates to campaigns, bids, budgets, keywords, and more
- Add, and edit ads to drive sales
- Analyze optimization score and op[tions. Apply recommendations based on strategic insights
- Dedicated support team
Marketing makes up approximately 20% of all app development budgets for successful businesses. Mailchimp is one of the most productive marketing & CRM mobile apps that help businesses market more smartly. With an easy-to-use interface, Mailchimp helps marketers and website admins to effectively drive sales, bring customers back, find new subscribers, and share their brand’s mission. Its feature list includes:
- Helps to stay updated with contacts and customers with tools like business card scanners.
- Track audience growth and view insights
- Helps to track sales and marketing performance
- Provides actionable recommendations for improvements
- As the best email application for Android, Mailchimp helps create, edit, automate and send email marketing campaigns, newsletters, etc.
- Draft and publish ads, set a budget, and target a specific group
A WordPress Website is the first look for any business in the online world. It thus takes a lot of strategizing, innovation, and updations to evolve. Once a website admin or owner is clear about their requirements and goals, they can download apps to help achieve them. The above-stated apps will help you get these tasks done easily and effectively.